SAN JOSE/EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
The San Jose - Evergreen Community College District (SJECCD) is currently recruiting a Warehouse Distribution Specialist. This is a temporary assignment through 07/31/2022 with the possibility of extension. Hourly pay is $23.59. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Position will be located at Evergreen Valley College, , 1750 San Felipe Rd, San Jose, CA 95135.
Duties and Responsibilities/Specific to Position:
Under the direction of Director of General Services or designee at SJECCD, the Warehouse Distribution Specialist performs a variety of work in the operation and maintenance of a central warehouse, including inventory replenishment and control.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inspects shipments of materials, equipment and supplies received in order to ensure compliance with purchase order specifications. Identifies and reports shortages, damages and other discrepancies.
2. Provides storekeeping of goods, materials, supplies and equipment.
3. Schedules and performs routine and special deliveries of supplies, materials, equipment and mail.
4. Analyzes space usage for maximum utilization. Confers with other purchasing staff as needed to determine storage space requirements and optimum stock quantities.
5. Operates warehouse equipment and vehicles including trucks, forklifts and pallet jacks.
6. Participates activities in connection with the annual physical inventory. Uses scanning devices and bar code technology to record physical inventory items.
7. Assists with the sale or disposal of unused, damaged, or obsolete inventory.
8. Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Requires a working knowledge of the principles and practices of the operations, services and activities of centralized warehousing. Requires a working knowledge of the materials, equipment and supplies used in College operations. Requires a thorough understanding of warehouse record keeping techniques including appropriate computerized inventory programs. Requires sufficient writing skills to perform basic
report writing and record keeping. Requires sufficient math skills to perform counts and analyze trends. Requires sufficient human relations skill to work cooperatively with College staff and outside vendors.
Skills and Ability to:
Requires the ability to schedule work activities of the warehouse in a manner conducive to optimum service. Requires the ability to plan, prioritize and perform work in order to meet yearly schedules and timelines. Must be able to write and maintain records according to College standards. Must be able to write basic reports and document transactions. Requires the ability to coordinate and perform physical inventory counts.
Requires the ability to stand, walk, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 - 50 pounds on a sustained basis. May stoop, kneel and crouch. Requires leg and foot dexterity to operate vehicle gas, brakes and clutch while driving. Requires sufficient hand-eye coordination, arm hand dexterity and visual acuity including depth perception to drive delivery vehicle and read numbers and words. Requires the ability to operate a hand truck and commercial forklift.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience performing a variety of warehouse related duties including but not limited to order fulfillment, inventory control and analysis, order entry, and inventory accounting/identification.
Valid driver's license and forklift operators certificate.
Interested applicants should apply to Mark Hua firstname.lastname@example.org
For consideration, please submit a District application, cover letter, resume and copy of your transcripts by Friday, May 13, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency