WAREHOUSING/DISTRIBUTION SPECIALIST II
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: District Office
The Warehousing/Distribution Specialist II reports to the Executive Director of Fiscal Services at the District Office. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA), Chapter 363.
Performs a variety of work in the operation and maintenance of a central warehouse, including inventory replenishment and control. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS The Warehousing/Distribution Specialist II is the second level in a labor-oriented career ladder in Purchasing, requiring working knowledge of warehouse logistics and inventory control. Advancement potential exists to Coordinator through promotion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Inspects shipments of materials, equipment and supplies received in order to ensure compliance with purchase order specifications. Identifies and reports shortages, damages and other discrepancies.
2. Provides storekeeping of goods, materials, supplies and equipment.
3. Schedules and performs routine and special deliveries of supplies, materials, equipment and mail.
4. Analyzes space usage for maximum utilization. Confers with other purchasing staff as needed to determine storage space requirements and optimum stock quantities.
5. Operates warehouse equipment and vehicles including trucks, forklifts and pallet jacks.
6. Participates activities in connection with the annual physical inventory. Uses scanning devices and bar code technology to record physical inventory items.
7. Assists with the sale or disposal of unused, damaged, or obsolete inventory.
8. Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Requires a working knowledge of the principles and practices of the operations, services and activities of centralized warehousing.
2. Requires a working knowledge of the materials, equipment and supplies used in College operations.
3. Requires a thorough understanding of warehouse record keeping techniques including appropriate computerized inventory programs.
4. Requires sufficient writing skills to perform basic report writing and record keeping.
5. Requires sufficient math skills to perform counts and analyze trends.
6. Requires sufficient human relations skill to work cooperatively with College staff and outside vendors.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Requires the ability to schedule work activities of the warehouse in a manner conducive to optimum service.
2. Requires the ability to plan, prioritize and perform work in order to meet yearly schedules and timelines.
3. Must be able to write and maintain records according to College standards.
4. Must be able to write basic reports and document transactions.
5. Requires the ability to coordinate and perform physical inventory counts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience performing a variety of warehouse related duties including but not limited to order fulfillment, inventory control and analysis, order entry, and inventory accounting/identification.
Required Licenses and Certificates:
1. Valid Drivers License
2. Forklift Operators Certificate
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$54,527 - $66,545 Annual Salary (Range 70: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2021-2022). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 18 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency