User & Desktop Services Technician WITC New Richmond or Shell Lake Administrative Office
Posting Number: 2010728
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Department: Administrative Services
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the full-time (1950 hours/year) position of User & Desktop Services Technician. Under the direction of the User & Desktop Services Administrator, the User & Desktop Services Technician is responsible for the daily operation of the assigned campus/location computing environment; providing direct support to college staff and students; and implementing policies and procedures in accordance with overall objectives of college computing systems. This position can be housed at either the WITC New Richmond Campus or the Shell Lake Administrative Office.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Two year associate degree in Information Technology or two year diploma in Information Technology or other related computer support program OR one year diploma in computer support related program with one year related work experience.
2. Experience in utilizing Microsoft technology solutions.
3. Ability to support network communications.
4. Equipment repair experience on computers and other related hardware.
5. Ability to demonstrate familiarity with disaster recovery techniques.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective team relationships and provide excellent customer service.
7. Ability to work under stressful conditions.
8. Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks and projects.
9. Prior work experience preferred.
10. Ability to lift, carry, push up to 50 pounds.
11. Ability to obtain drivers license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance through the Help Desk.
- Provide support to students and staff.
- Provide technical assistance in the management of computer systems.
- Install, configure, upgrade and support software/hardware.
- Assist in maintaining the campus local area network.
- Provide written documentation of software/hardware to include training and demonstration of the use of software and equipment.
- Utilize project and task planning methodologies for assigned tasks and projects.
- Keep current with new and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate a positive impression of WITC in internal and external relationships.
- Actively participate in campus and college-wide teams and committees.
Posting Date: 08/07/2019
Testing Place: No applicant testing prior to interview required for this posting.
Closing Date: 8/23/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: FY20 Wage Range Table Support and Technical Personnel Grade Level 1 Minimum Placement = $16.67 hour
Benefit Information: Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2691
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency