SAN JOSE/EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
The San Jose - Evergreen Community College District (SJECCD) is currently recruiting a Transition Specialist. This is a temporary assignment through 05/31/2022 with the possibility of extension. Hourly pay is $28.51. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 11AM – 8:00 PM. Position will be located at Evergreen Valley College, , 3095 Yerba Buena Rd, San Jose, CA 95135.
Duties and Responsibilities/Specific to Position:
Under the direction of Director of Adult & Non-Credit Education or designee at Center for Economic Mobility of SJECCD, the Transition Specialist performs a wide variety of duties to successfully transition adult learners from adult education schools to postsecondary education, training and/or employment. Responsibilities may include providing technical or functional direction to hourly or student assistants.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Meet regularly with SBCAE Transition Specialists to coordinate and facilitate student transitions: adult schools, high schools, community colleges and other community-based organizations.
2. Schedule and conduct group/individual tours of college with SBCAE member and partner institutes, and follow-up with each organization; present information to students, staff and the general public in a variety of settings.
3. Adhere to the Regional Plan program goals and performance measures.
4. Communicate and respond to inquiries from internal and external agencies or individuals. Provide assistance and information to faculty, staff and the public as requested.
5. Develop and organize bridge/transition information materials to facilitate student information sessions to increase college awareness.
6. Assist students in completion of college enrollment, paper or online forms and applications; review forms for accuracy and consistency.
7. Prepare and provide transitioning adult learner students' assessment and orientation sessions, as well as workshops to connect students to all college support services.
8. Support all transitioning adult learner students to set career and academic goals and identify the support services needed to address challenges that negatively impact each student's success.
9. Work with faculty and support staff to identify appropriate differentiated instruction, and provide students personalized instructional support and contexts aligned to their career and academic goals.
10. Participate in the development, planning and implementation of non-credit policies and strategies aimed at increasing adult learner student success in all college programs and services.
11. Maintain records, prepare reports and other documents according to established guidelines and procedures needed to meet grant requirements.
12. Collect, interpret, and report/disseminate data on student progress with all stakeholders, including data required by the funder(s).
13. Perform follow-up tasks as required by funding source; make recommendations or take actions to improve performance measures to ensure positive outcomes for grant reporting.
14. Collaborate with other college departments to increase understanding of non-credit programs and outreach to the region's adult learners.
15. Collaborate with member institutions or other public agencies for students to have access to internship and employment opportunities, and other services the college cannot provide.
16. Assist in providing web contents and updates to the adult education website provider.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Basic education operations, services and activities for adult learners in adult schools, high schools and equivalent programs.
2. Community college bridge/transition, non-credit classes, programs and support systems.
3. Needs or special concerns of high school and adult school students enrolling at community colleges.
4. Knowledge of non-credit education such as ABE, ASE, ESL, HSE, and/or CTE.
5. Federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-credit education in community colleges.
6. Principals and techniques of presentation delivery in an environment with diverse audience.
7. Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including computer operation
Skills and Ability to:
1. Perform specialized adult learner transition duties to promote student success in non-credit programs.
2. Use software or other media to enhance presentations; make oral presentations before large or small groups.
3. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
4. Exercise sound judgement in reviewing and evaluating student applications and goals.
5. Be patient, flexible, culturally proficient, and able to work with individuals from diverse ethnic and linguistic backgrounds
6. Maintain accurate records and prepare reports, summaries and evaluations.
7. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
8. Develop and update forms and marketing materials.
9. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
10. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
11. Work independently with little supervision; prioritize work and meet schedules.
Education and Experience:
1. An Associate degree or equivalent supplemented by college course work in education, counseling, social services or related field.
2. Four years of increasingly responsible experience that includes direct work in: adult education, academic and career counseling, or student outreach areas.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the individuals we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
Interested applicants should apply to Kishan Vujjeni Kishan.firstname.lastname@example.org">Kishan.email@example.com.
For consideration, please submit a District application, cover letter, resume and copy of your transcripts by Friday, January 14, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency