This ad is expired.
Temporary Senior Human Resources Specialist
SAN JOSE/EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
The San Jose - Evergreen Community College District (SJECCD) is currently recruiting a Senior Human Resources Specialist. This is a temporary assignment through 09/30/2022 with the possibility of extension. Hourly pay is $40.79. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Position will be located at District Services, 40 South Market St, San Jose, CA 95113.
Duties and Responsibilities/Specific to Position:
Under general supervision, the Human Resources Specialist, Senior performs skilled and specialized technical level responsibilities in assigned area of human resources services, handles assignments and provides services to employees including faculty, staff and management, provides support in developing policies and procedures, and provides resources for collective bargaining. This position maintains position control records and personnel records; performs and audits personnel changes; generates personnel reports; implements the District personnel policies and procedures; and acts independently in carrying out all components of assigned area of work. This position may oversee the work of lower level staff.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as a key resource person for supervisors and administrators regarding a variety of human resources programs and services including collective bargaining agreement language, state or federal law and district policies that affect personnel decisions.
2. Maintain a working relationship and provide technical expertise and direction to District and campus administrators, faculty and support staff regarding personnel issues, reports, changes and transfers.
3. Work collaboratively with Payroll Department for accurate processing of regular pay, adjustment, award and retro-pay, etc.
4. Participate in preparing documents, reports, and Board actions including supporting agenda materials for presentation to the Board of Trustees.
5. Prepare, process, produce, and distribute a variety of technical documents, materials, departmental notices, employment forms and reports related to the personnel function of the District.
6. Prepare periodic reports including narrative discussions of significant personnel issues and analysis and interpretation of data.
7. Participate in the development and enhancement of information systems and procedures that facilitate Human Resources and administration processes; participate in the design and modification of administrative system.
8. Provide information to employees regarding fringe benefit programs, including retirement, vacation, and sick leave.
9. Monitor, maintain, input and update the Human Resource System personnel database and generate reports for payroll, fiscal services, and college administrators.
10. Assist with the pre- and postemployment processes for new hires including scheduling of TB exam, conducting, new hire orientations, preparing new employee package and hire letters mailed to new employees or through onboarding system.
11. Prepare and transmit salary information to payroll office, evaluate transcripts and occupational/professional experience for qualification compliance and salary placement and record information for salary movement of employees.
12. Coordinate and verify renewal of contracts for eligible employees.
13. Prepare and maintain District academic/classified/ management personnel files and records related to hiring, reclassification, and personnel actions.
14. Prepare and maintain position control records, personnel records and other types of specialized records.
15. Conduct and coordinate workshops and oral presentations. 16. Participate in the development and maintenance of human resources policies and procedures; represent the district human resources to outside professional organizations; participate on cross functional teams.
17. Perform other duties related to the position as assigned.
1. Current laws, codes and regulations related to employment, benefits and other human resources functions.
2. Principles and practices of Human Resources administration.
3. Collective bargaining processes and agreements.
4. Technical aspects of field of specialty.
5. Computer operation including software for word processing, HR information system, database management and spreadsheets.
6. Financial and statistical record keeping and auditing.
7. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
8. Record keeping systems and methods.
1. Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
2. Interpret, explain, and apply rules and policies related to Human Resources assignments.
3. Research, analyze, and evaluate situations well; and effectively recommend or resolve matters.
4. Compile and maintain accurate and complete records and reports.
5. Effectively present information in person or on the telephone to administrators, academic or classified employees or the public.
6. Exercise good judgment and discretion in analyzing and resolving confidential, difficult and sensitive situations.
7. Operate computer equipment and utilize word processing, spreadsheet and other software such as HR Information System.
Education and Experience:
1. An Associate's degree from an accredited institution with major course work in human resources management, business administration or related field.
2. Three years of related experience and increasingly responsible technical experience, which includes at least two years of experience in human resources and or payroll functions.
3. Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity of, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethic, cultural, religious background and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty, and staff.
4. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, gender, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve; and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
1. Typical office environment
Interested applicants should apply to Interim HR Supervisor Elvira Valderrama-Rodriguez Elvira.Valderrama@sjeccd.edu
For consideration, please submit a District application, cover letter, resume and copy of your transcripts by Friday, June 24, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency