This ad is expired.
Teacher Assistant (full-time/1950 hours/year) WITC New Richmond Campus
The Teacher Assistant, under the direction of the appropriate instructors, is responsible primarily for ensuring safe practices are followed at all times and observing students to reinforce safety in a machinery service and repair shop environment. In addition, they are responsible for maintaining the shops and shop equipment, managing the parts ordering and payments for student projects, and providing assistance with the instructional process in accordance with the educational objectives of the College. Instructional responsibilities include reinforcing instructional concepts, demonstrating activities, and developing materials and resources. The teacher assistant must have the ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and other staff. As justified by the supervisor, this position may also assist additional transportation and/or technology and industry programs on other campuses, typically with larger, summer based projects.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect WITC's Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Provide assistance in ensuring students are following safe practices in the shop; be present in the shop when students have shop hours.
- Provide assistance to the instructor(s) in instruction for classes assigned, devoting the best professional efforts.
- Assist the instructor in maintaining standards of achievement.
- Alert instructor of any suspected or declared student illness.
- Assist the instructor in identifying where help can be provided to students.
- Keep current with developments and knowledge relating to course content.
- Be familiar with curriculum content of the courses assigned, helping students on an individual basis.
- Work cooperatively with member of other departments and administration, in those areas related to teacher assistant responsibilities.
- Attend such faculty meetings and in-service workshops that may be requested by administration.
- Assist in monitoring student conduct as well as assisting in the enforcement of school policies and procedures.
- Assist instructors with ordering of supplies and materials, providing routine preventative maintenance of equipment, maintaining material inventory, and upkeep of physical environment.
- Act as the parts manager for student projects
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 30 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Two years post-secondary education in a related field
- One-year related work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to effectively apply technology to tasks and projects
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while maintaining positivity and professionalism
- Strong customer service skills and a focus on creative problem solving
- Time management skills that apply organization and prioritization demonstrating the ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with equipment and software packages
- Ability to obtain driver's license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
- Experience with maintaining agricultural, diesel, and/or motorcycle and marine maintenance testing equipment
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting agricultural, diesel, and/or motorcycle and marine equipment
- Experience with ordering parts for an agricultural, diesel, motorcycle and/or marine shop
- Experience with assisting in a classroom
- Experience with maintaining customer records
Level I OTS
$17.13 / hour
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=359
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency