This ad is expired.
Student Services Assistant (part-time/884 hours/year) WITC Ashland Campus
The Student Services Assistant job duties include, but are not limited, to answering the phone, supporting student registration, making appointments for members of student services, and administering assessments. The Student Services Assistant will work with new and continuing students while utilizing several different software systems to process student records. The hours for this part-time position will be primarily afternoon/early evening Monday - Thursday. The hired candidate will be covering the evening switchboard until 6:30 pm with 15-17 hours per week.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect WITC's Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
Specific position responsibilities are assigned from the following:
- Provide cross-functional customer service to students and other customers.
- Accurately process and enter student information related to admissions, registration, grades, course completions, drop/add forms, transcripts, etc., into database(s).
- Research and proactively assist students in solving problems. Follow up until problem is resolved and/or refer to appropriate staff when necessary.
- Provide administrative support services to faculty and staff.
- Compose, prepare, edit/proofread, and distribute correspondence, minutes, reports, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Design, develop, and update promotional brochures, flyers, forms, and other materials.
- Organize, establish and maintain electronic databases and paper filing systems.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating location/campus events and recruitment campaigns.
- Provide specialized knowledge and training to other team members.
- Provide information and assistance to internal and external customers.
- Actively participate on campus, regional, collegewide, and state teams and committees.
- Assist and serve as backup to other staff as needed.
- Develop and maintain procedures manual for position.
- Participate in required collegewide trainings and professional development events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work.
- Two years post-secondary education/training in a related field OR four years related work experience OR a combination totaling four years
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to effectively apply technology to tasks and projects
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while maintaining positivity and professionalism
- Strong customer service skills and a focus on creative problem solving
- Time management skills that apply organization and prioritization demonstrating the ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to obtain driver's license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
$16.25 / hour, Level II OTS
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=335
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency