This ad is expired.
Student Life Coordinator (part-time/1320 hours/year) WITC New Richmond Campus
The Student Life Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, marketing and implementing a full range of student social, cultural, developmental, student leadership, and educational programs, activities and events on campus. This position serves as advisor to the Student Senate Association.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect WITC's Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Develop, organize, market, and evaluate programs for students.
- Collaborate with College Health Nurse to support programming related to health & related topics.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship for the Student Senate.
- Inform student leadership of legislative and governing board issues affecting students.
- Suggest qualified students for needed campus representation and encourage greater student participation in shared governance and/or events.
- Assure proper set-up for all student meetings and special events; oversee performance of vendors associated with student activity events. Schedule rooms/locations to prevent conflict of activities.
- Manage Student Senate Budget; assist the Student Senate in administering the budget for Student Senate and student activities.
- Oversee creation and posting of flyers, posters, literature, and other needed marketing materials.
- Assist the Student Senate developing systems to effectively participate within the operations, governance, strategic planning, and decision-making processes of the campus and the college, including complying with appropriate laws and parliamentary procedure.
- Actively participate on campus, regional, college-wide, and state teams and committees.
- Advocate for student needs with college leadership.
- Designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) to receive and report criminal incidents to the WITC Safety Office by virtue of this role's responsibilities at the College (only applies to instructor positions with club advising duties).
- Other duties as assigned that are unique to each campus.
Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work.
- Two years post-secondary education in a related field
- One-year related work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to effectively apply technology to tasks and projects
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while maintaining positivity and professionalism
- Strong customer service skills and a focus on creative problem solving
- Time management skills that apply organization and prioritization demonstrating the ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Experience working with diverse groups
- Experience interpreting and carrying out rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to obtain driver's license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
- Associate degree
- Previous experience with event planning
- Previous experience with student government, Roberts rules and/or student leadership
- Experience with marketing, including layout and design
FY21 Salary Range Table
Level I OTS
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=330
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency