This ad is expired.
STAFF ASSISTANT I (EOP&S)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: San Jose City College
The Staff Assistant I reports to the Dean of Counseling, Guidance and Matriculation at San Jose City College. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA), Chapter 363.
Under the supervision of a department supervisor, manager or academic staff member, performs basic clerical, receptionist and some duties of a routing and repetitive nature in support of operations, preparation and maintenance of a variety of records and reports, or the academic professional staff of an administrative or program office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform routine clerical assignments in accordance with established procedures and under specific instructions.
2. Receive, screen, review and verify a variety of correspondence, applications or documents.
3. Maintain office files, reports, logs, and wide variety of memoranda.
4. Provide a central source of information on the activities of the office.
5. Receive, screen review and verify a variety of correspondence, applications or documents.
6. Maintain office files, reports, logs and a wide variety of memoranda.
7. Provide a central source of information on the activities of the office.
8. Receive, screen and/or direct visitors and telephone calls coming to the office and deliver messages.
9. Open, sort, log and deliver mail.
10. Schedule appointments and meetings.
11. Prepare counselor sheets and drop-in sheets, student folders and copy student records as necessary.
12. Enter and retrieve data using a computer terminal and microprocessor.
13. Maintain computerized schedules and calendars, student, financial, employment and program activity records.
14. Wait on the public at the counter, answer a variety of questions or give out information and direct visitors to proper staff person or department.
15. Maintain appropriate supply of forms and/or office materials; order; receive and store as necessary.
16. May do light typing, operate a computer terminal, micro-processor or related office equipment in fulfilling work assignments.
17. Perform other duties reasonably related to the job classification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proper telephone techniques and etiquette.
2. Modern office methods, procedures and equipment including personal computers and computer terminals.
3. Proper English spelling, grammar and punctuation.
4. Type at a rate speed necessary for effective performance.
5. Operate a typewriter, calculator, micro-computer and related office equipment.
6. Learn and remember a variety of information related to department procedures, policies, services and programs.
7. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
8. Deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
9. Write clear and accurate telephone messages.
10. Perform effectively with frequent interruption.
11. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered during the performance of required duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. The knowledge and abilities could be obtained from some previous experience in meeting the public and education equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$37,622 - $45,889 Annual Salary (Range 44: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2018-2019). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and protectincome ion. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 18 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency