This ad is expired.
SENIOR DIVISION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Milpitas College Extension)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: Milpitas Extension
The Senior Division Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of College Extension at the Milpitas College Extension. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA), Chapter 363.
Under the direction of assigned administrator, the Senior Division Administrative Assistant will be the primary individual providing a full range of administrative support to the administrator who has responsibility for a division, multiple disciplines or broad programs and functions. Incumbents in this position performs complex clerical, standard and advanced office operational tasks; ensures smooth running of the office, works independently, and coordinates various communications and activities among the administrator, faculty, staff, students and the public. Responsibilities may include providing technical or functional direction to hourly or student assistants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Exercise independent judgment in relieving administrator of actions not requiring his/her immediate attention.
2. Screen telephone calls, incoming mail, publications, and other correspondence.
3. Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries using standardized formats, and using judgment to refer unusual or complex inquiries to supervisor.
4. Receive visitors and callers, providing information as requested and resolving conflicts, and referring callers to proper administrator or department as appropriate.
5. Maintain calendar and appointments of supervisor, including lodging and travel arrangements.
6. Serve as secretary to committees, prepare agendas, take and transcribe minutes, collect and distribute materials and information.
7. Maintain accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates, and schedules as they relate to assigned areas and services to ensure proper tasks and activities occur as scheduled.
8. Assist in the preparation of departmental reports by gathering, organizing, and summarizing information from a variety of sources.
9. Assist in locating qualified and available instructional staff to teach in a variety of diverse disciplines.
10. Participate in management activities and committee work in place of supervisor, as assigned.
11. Coordinate and monitor budget for multi-disciplined budget accounts, compile and prepare information for budget development.
12. Generate, receive and maintain confidential and sensitive files, information and reports and ensure security of files.
13. Implement District policies and procedures relating to the assigned area, researching difficult questions pertaining to policies and procedures as needed.
14. Plan, assign and participate in the work of the office including training and directing the work of hourly employees or student help.
15. Relieve supervisor of routine personnel, budget and payroll functions.
16. Produce brochures, flyers, newsletters, and programs related to programs, classes and productions.
17. Perform other duties reasonably related to the job classification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Organization, time management and standard office procedures.
2. The use of the English language for editing and composing written communications, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
3. Modern office methods and equipment including computer terminal and micro-computer usage and word processing applications.
4. Record keeping principles and procedures.
5. Business accounting and mathematics.
6. Acceptable business and office etiquette.
7. Training, planning and directing work of other employees.
1. Explain policies, rules and regulations.
2. Work independently in the absence of supervision.
3. Determine work priorities, work independently and follow through on tasks.
4. Communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
5. Analyze situations carefully and adopt effective course of action.
6. Effectively communicate and interact with persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
7. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma or GED, including or supplemented by specialized administrative training.
2. At least three years of administrative (clerical) experience involving heavy public contact and primary support to an individual or department.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$60,939 - $74,368 Annual Salary (Range 90: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2019-2020). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 18 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency