This ad is expired.
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Adjunct) WITC Superior Campus
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking a learning-focused, creative and dynamic individual to teach in a part-time (adjunct) position as Pharmacy Technician Instructor at the WITC Superior Campus.
The ideal candidates will demonstrate interest in and potential for excellence in facilitating student learning and development.
This is an 8 hour per week position, Monday and Wednesday's 5:00-9:00 pm for Spring Semester.
WITC Instructors teach in a discipline area in which they have specific training and competence. Instructors are expected to foster learner success, assess learner achievement, and continually improve learning opportunities. Instructors teach in a variety of learning environments including face-to-face, online, web-conferencing, and hybrid classrooms. Instructors are expected to continually improve the overall quality and delivery of learning, including the support of program and collegewide initiatives.
- Model core abilities that reflect WITC's mission, vision, values and Learning College tenets by:
- Assessing own learning and progressing toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communicating effectively in personal and group settings.
- Contributing to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Effecting change and demonstrating flexibility and positive leadership.
- Acquiring and applying technology to working and learning.
- Develop and continually revise curriculum that includes Employability Essentials and technical content to meet industry and/or regulatory standards.
- Plan for instruction, including syllabi development, learning plans, and assessment strategies.
- Deliver, assess, and adapt effective instruction that meets the diverse needs of students.
- Apply a variety of instructional strategies, create learning plans, facilitate learning, and revise teaching practice.
- Promote a culture of continuing student success, implement strategies to promote learner persistence and meet the needs of multi-generational learners, demonstrate learner-centered communication, and utilize available student support services.
- Create performance-based assessment plans, employ a variety of formative and summative assessment strategies, communicate assessment results in a timely fashion to promote student learning, and use assessment results to improve instruction.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors to support teaching and learning and utilize varied strategies for managing the learning environment.
- Identify exit learning outcomes and external standards, develop competencies that describe intended learning outcomes, create performance-based plans and assessment tasks for each course, develop learning objectives and plans, prepare syllabi, and utilize a quality review process to validate curriculum.
- Utilize a variety of data analysis tools, analyze data from teaching and learning experiences, and use data to inform decision making about the teaching and learning process.
- Assess effectiveness in embracing diversity, examine the impact of college, community, and student demographics on teaching and learning, and create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
- Model the Employability Essentials expected of WITC students, which are to communicate clearly, think critically, and demonstrate professionalism.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.
- Licensed pharmacist or a nationally certified pharmacy technician
- At least 2 years (4,000 hours) of experience in pharmacy practice, of at least 1 year (2,000 hours) shall be within 5 years prior to the date of appointment.
- Demonstrated ongoing continuing education in the field of pharmacy and/or education
- Ability to learn and use new technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Ability to work non-standard hours including evening and weekend hours.
- Willing to teach in a variety of learning environments including face-to-face, online, web-conferencing, and hybrid classrooms.
- Ability to obtain driver's license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
- Experience in teaching
- Membership in a national and/or state pharmacy association
FY20 Wage Salary Data
$44.00/hour for non-FQAS completion
$49.00/hour after FQAS completion
To apply, visit https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=159
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency