Part-Time/Adjunct Mental Health Counselor
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
San Jose-Evergreen Community College District is seeking a Part-time/Adjunct Mental Health Counselor at the San Jose City College campus.
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
The Mental Health Counselor is responsible for providing up to 8 sessions of personal counseling, and working with the Case Manager to refer students for long-term counseling with a community agency. The Mental Health Counselor may perform some, all or a combination of the following job related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts individual, group and psycho-educational sessions for clients.
2. Conducts assessments and screening of potential program participants.
3. Develop short-term treatment plans consisting of realistic and measurable goals.
4. Records client's progress and problems within seventy-two (72) hours of individual session or a group session.
5. Adheres to all program standards, policies and procedures in execution of work.
6. Available to act on crisis calls and walk in clients/students.
7. Responsible for submitting required reports on a timely basis; criminal justice reports, daily direct services reports, and any other mandated reporting.
8. Support the Case Manager to make appropriate referrals and arrangements for clients in need of support services.
9. Attend Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) meetings as needed.
10. Collaborate with Case Manager with class visits to provide workshops and trainings as required to students and faculty.
11. Maintain client files and statistical information properly and in accordance with agency procedures, County, State and Federal laws.
12. May serve as intern supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Mental Health Counselor:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Master's degree in Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Guidance Counseling, Educational Counseling, Social Work, Career Development, Marriage and Family Therapy or Marriage, Family and Child Counseling
(Note: A Bachelor's degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to title 5, section 53410.1.)
2. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
3. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, Licensed Psychologist
2. Familiar with a sensitive to diverse cultural and economic needs, especially for clients of Hispanic or diverse background.
3. Familiar with the community resources.
4. Interact in a courteous helpful manner with students, faculty and staff.
5. Work effectively with a diverse population and positively in a teamwork environment.
Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Assignments may include day and evening responsibilities. This position is represented by the San Jose-Evergreen Community
College District Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
Please apply using the Direct Link below and select discipline Counseling (General):
Direct Link: http://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1749
Position #F19014, Open and Continuous
Other part-time instructors are needed to teach classes in other disciplines on an as needed basis.
Please refer to http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities for a complete list of all employment opportunities at San Jose-Evergreen Community College District.
Districts Diversity Requirements
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency