PT Faculty Pool - Counseling
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide educational counseling and advisement, career counseling, and testing services to students on site and online.
- Assist in Career and Transfer Center activities
- Maintain individual records on counselee.
- Develop and conduct workshops relevant to student success
- Provide matriculation services for students and track potential graduates.
- Participate in retention and outreach efforts
- Complete unofficial transcript evaluations.
- Identify special student needs
- Participate in recruiting and articulation activities with local schools, other community colleges, four-year colleges, community agencies and employers.
- Serve on college-wide committees.
- Serve as liaison to community agencies and local employers.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Attend and actively contribute to meetings or activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities or assignments including but not limited to department meetings, advisory committee meetings, and academic senate.
- Maintain currency in subject matter and developments in the field.
- Be familiar with and observe the Faculty Association Collective Bargaining Agreement, applicable IVC Board Policies and Administrative Procedures.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
An applicant may qualify for this position by having education and experience equivalent to the listed degrees. To be considered for equivalency, the candidate must submit college transcripts (transcripts must show degree was awarded or conferred with a completion date) and a complete description of work experience with his/her application.
Master's in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy or marriage, family and child counseling;
NOTE: A bachelor's degree in one of the listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)
IMPORTANT: To be considered for the position applying for, applicants must submit the required items by the deadline, which include: online IVC application, current resume, and ALL unofficial transcripts. All attachments will be uploaded into the online application. Applications which do not include all of the required materials will not be forwarded to the screening committee for consideration. Materials submitted become property of the District and will not be returned, copied, or considered for other openings.
For all Faculty (Full-Time & Part-Time) positions: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications requirements, you MUST fill out the equivalency form and submit with your application packet! Failure to do so, may result in a disqualification of your application. It is the applicants' responsibility! You can find the equivalency form here (Download PDF reader).
Imperial Valley College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
For part-time classified who work 20 hours per week or more, will be offered pro-rated employer/employee paid medical coverage options, dental, vision, and life insurance. For additional information, click here (Download PDF reader).
Earned annual sick leave.
Enrollment in a California Retirement System if employed 980 hours or more annually.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/imperialedu/jobs/2367089/pt-faculty-pool-counseling
The Imperial Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and will implement a comprehensive program to put those principles into practice. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity, physical disability, mental disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, language, accent, citizenship status, transgender status, parental status, marital status, economic status, veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, political or organizational affiliation, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. The District will strive to achieve a workforce that is welcoming to men, women, persons with disabilities and individuals from all ethnic and other groups to ensure the District provides an inclusive educational and employment environment. Such an environment fosters cooperation, acceptance, democracy and free expression of ideas.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency