This ad is expired.
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Facilities and Operations)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: District Office
The Project Coordinator, (Facilities & Operations) reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC) of Physical Plant Development and Operations at the District Office. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA), Chapter 363.
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities and Bond Program Management or assigned administrator, the Project Coordinator performs a wide range of complex clerical, standard and advanced office support duties in the management of bond and capital outlay programs. This position coordinates various communications and activities among the administrator, department staff, vendors, consultants and the public.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform appropriate administrative and operation support duties for assigned supervisor and relieve of a variety of technical and administrative details. May provide support to other dept. managers or staff members.
2. Coordinate as liaison between the dept. and college administrators, faculty, staff, architects, engineers and other consultants; coordinate activities of the groups in the preparation of project designs, drawings and specifications.
3. Maintain accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates, and schedules as they relate to assigned areas and services to ensure proper tasks and activities occur as scheduled.
4. Prepare meeting agendas, minutes and construction schedule updates from the construction management consultants as required for Project/Construction Management or Bond Executive meetings.
5. Assist with onsite coordination of moves for construction project and coordinate between construction managers, faculty, staff, and purchasing personnel as necessary.
6. Assist in the preparation of departmental reports by gathering, organizing, and summarizing information from a variety of sources, including the submittals and updates to the California Community College Chancellor's Office in the Fusion Database.
7. Track project budget activities and assist in resolving department budget issues and problems. Coordinate timesheets and monitor expenditures related to bond projects.
8. Maintain and organize the Facility Department network and physical information storage systems; ensure that all required documents are received and logged into the District records.
9. Update construction communications, keeping information current for the community and the District as needed.
10. Support vendor outreach efforts in accordance with the Board Policies.
11. Prepare and compose formal correspondence with various agencies, architect firms, college departments, and the community as required.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Modern office methods and equipment including computer terminal and micro-computer usage and word processing applications.
2. Facilities project and construction management software systems.
3. Record keeping principles and procedures; business accounting and mathematics; acceptable business and office etiquette.
4. Organization, time management and standard office procedures.
1. Read, interpret, apply and explain District policies, procedures and regulations.
2. Utilize exceptional organizational skills and dealing with ambiguity and change.
3. Establish and review work priorities; work independently and follow through on tasks.
4. Compile information and write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals using correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
5. Exhibit a strong sense of urgency regarding work and progress of projects.
6. Effectively communicate and interact with persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
7. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. An Associates degree from an accredited institution, preferably in business, construction management or related field.
2. Three years of administrative support experience involving heavy public contact and primary support to an individual or department, preferably in a public sector.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$72,697 - $88,739 Annual Salary (Range 96: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2022-2023). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 20 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency