- PROGRAMMER ANALYST (2 positions)
- Go to our website »
PROGRAMMER ANALYST (2 positions)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: District Office
The Programmer Analyst reports to the Director, Enterprise Application Service at the District Office. The work schedule is 12 months per year; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
This position is represented by CSEA (California School Employees Association), Chapter 363.
Under the direction of the Director of Enterprise Application Services or assigned administrator, the Programmer Analyst provides technical, procedural and process support for assigned functional area including but not limited to finance, human resources, student and financial aid, etc. The position is responsible for business process analysis and maintenance of district-wide software systems, and provides technical training and support to users in assigned areas. Incumbents in this position assist in the design, support and development of applications in a structured relational database and networked application environment using project management principles and software development life cycle processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform maintenance, implementation, support and testing duties involving multiple platforms and technologies for assigned functional areas.
2. Consult with users to determine business process requirements and objectives and to identify problems in existing programs and systems; discuss projects and feasibility of programming projects.
3. Perform installation and configuration of software packages; confer with other staff as needed to resolve application, system and/or network conflicts.
4. Participate in the review and documentation of processes and procedures regarding requirements, organization and flow of data, methods, forms and reports.
5. Provide support to assigned functional areas for data standards, software updates, testing and reporting requirements (such as the State MIS report, data warehouse, etc.).
6. Maintain and support applications and respond to routine customer calls and requests for application support and modifications; escalate appropriately for further technical support which way include interacting with vendors.
7. Assist with the development, preparation or modification of technical manuals, user documentation and operational procedures.
8. Train and support users in the use of new or existing applications; encourage technological competence and confidence throughout the institution.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Principles and techniques of business process analysis and design.
2. Elements of systems and procedure analysis.
3. Principles of program design, coding, testing and implementation.
5. Principles of operations of computer technology and telecommunications.
6. Database functions and data structure.
7. Interpersonal relationship techniques.
8. Software development life cycle and principles of programming, testing and implementation.
9. Principles of training, support, and services to end-users.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Analyze business processes, evaluate alternatives and devise cost-efficient, user-friendly solutions.
2. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
3. Understand multiple database structures and business process workflow.
4. Organize, plan and complete application projects within District quality standards.
5. Communicate technical application issues effectively to non-technical parties orally and in writing.
6. Prioritize and manage assigned projects by work schedules and task timelines.
7. Work with attention to detail and independently with minimum supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. An Associates degree from an accredited institution with major course work in computer science, information technology or related field.
2. Two years of experience performing duties in computer science, information technology, process analysis or related field.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$104,060 - $126,934 Annual Salary (Range 132: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2022-2023). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 19 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency