This ad is expired.
Maintenance Custodian (Full-time/2080 hours/year) WITC Rice Lake Campus
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Maintenance Custodian position at the WITC Rice Lake Campus.
Under the direction and supervision of the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Custodian performs a variety of tasks required to maintain the operational aspect, repair, cleanliness, good order, and secure conditions of the campus, including all aspects of cleaning, structural and equipment repair, operating and trouble-shooting operational systems and equipment.
- Model core abilities that reflect WITC's mission, vision, values and Learning College tenets by:
- Acquiring and applying technology to working and learning.
- Effecting change and demonstrating flexibility and positive leadership.
- Contributing to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Communicating effectively in personal and group settings.
- Demonstrating creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Assessing own learning and progressing toward established personal and professional goals.
- Recognize and properly apply safety procedures relating to job duties
- Rectify safety hazards
- Utilize proper safety procedures
- Report safety hazards on equipment or facilities to supervisor
- Utilize appropriate technology for communication purposes (email, voicemail, e-time, office communicator, Schooldude).
- Perform facility security duties in accordance with established procedures including weekend and holiday building checks.
- Secure all doors and windows
- Test and set entrance alarms
- Test fire/freeze alarms
- Test and set motion detector equipment
- De-alarm and open facilities and classrooms as per written/verbal instructions
- Complete records
- Perform grounds keeping duties
- Mow lawn
- Properly remove snow
- Properly remove litter from grounds
- Assist in landscaping, i.e., trees, shrubs, flowers, and hedges
- Properly apply chemicals, i.e., fertilizers, pest controls, herbicides
- Perform shipping/receiving duties as necessary
- Unload, distribute or store in proper location
- Complete, sign, route paperwork to proper authority or supervisor
- Maintain inventory of consumables
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Demonstrate good human relations skills in dealing with internal and external customers
- Work cooperatively with peers
- Project appropriate image in accordance with dress guidelines
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a preventative maintenance program. Identify, report, and take action to solve mechanical problems, malfunctions, or safety hazards.
- Properly maintain, repair, adjust and operate equipment.
- Snow plowing equipment
- Lawn and yard equipment
- Air handling units
- Boilers and heating units
- Electrical and pneumatic control systems
- Security systems
- Any other equipment affecting facilities and classroom instruction, determined by administration and supervisor.
- Program and operate computerized operational systems related to facility/energy management, including trouble-shooting of systems.
- Comply with college guidelines, policies and procedures in performance of job duties (i.e., forklift training, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazardous Materials)
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Post-secondary training or work experience in facilities and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds; bend, twist, stoop, and climb ladders on a repetitive basis.
- Ability to understand technical specifications, blueprints and manuals.
- Ability to understand automatic controls, including testing and monitoring.
- Knowledge and skill in trouble-shooting facilities maintenance operations and installation/repair of the following systems:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective team relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- Willingness to work weekends and irregular schedules.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=237
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency