This ad is expired.
INTERIM CUSTODIAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Up to One Year)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: Evergreen Valley College
The Interim Custodial Services Supervisor reports to the Director of College Fiscal Services at Evergreen Valley College. The work schedule is 4:00 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.; Monday - Friday; 12 months per year. A 2.5% swing shift differential will be added to the salary.
Under general direction, the Custodial Services Supervisor assigns and reviews the work of staff responsible for providing custodial services for an assigned campus; oversees and participates in all work activities; and performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
NATURE and SCOPE
The Custodial Services Supervisor assists in developing daily work schedules, training custodians, providing needed supplies, solving unusual or difficult problems, and cleaning assigned areas.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff responsible for custodial maintenance of buildings and facilities on assigned campus.
2. Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; implement approved policies and procedures.
3. Establish schedules and methods for providing custodial services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
4. Participate in the selection of custodial staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
5. Participate in the preparation and administration of the Custodial budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures.
6. Prepare reports on operations and activities.
7. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and participate in selecting employees; train, counsel, discipline and terminate personnel according to established policies and procedures.
8. Distribute custodial supplies and material; maintain supplies and equipment inventory; requisition supplies and equipment.
9. Transport, store and maintain records on hazardous waste materials.
10. Perform minor repairs to equipment.
11. Operate assigned equipment and vehicles.
12. Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of custodial maintenance.
13. Maintain records and reports on personnel and work performed.
14. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
1. Operations, services and activities of a custodial maintenance program.
2. Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
3. Modern and complex principles and practices of facilities maintenance.
4. Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
5. Methods, procedures, materials and equipment used in custodial maintenance.
6. Record keeping methods and techniques.
7. Safe work practices.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Supervise, organize, and review the work of lower level staff.
2. Interpret and explain District policies and procedures.
3. Perform the full range of custodial duties.
4. Ensure the proper and safe use of cleaning chemicals and solvents.
5. Prepare clear and concise reports.
6. Make minor repairs to custodial equipment.
7. Distinguish hazardous chemicals.
8. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
9. Use Microsoft Office software effectively including email communication.
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
11. Maintain mental capacity which allows for effective interaction and communications with others.
12. Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade or any combination of education, training, or certification that provides the required knowledge and skills
2. Two years of increasingly responsible custodial experience.
3. Lead or Supervisory experience.
Licenses and Requirements:
1. Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid California drivers license.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$75,680 - $96,964 Annual Salary (Range S-103: Supervisor 2021-2022 Salary Schedule). Starting salary placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Supervisor positions also include 22 vacation days, 18 holidays, 12 sick leave days and 6 administrative leave days per year.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency