Human Resources Technician WITC Administrative Office - Shell Lake
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking applicants from qualified candidates for the position of Human Resources Technician (1950 hours/year) at WITC Administrative Office - Shell Lake.
The Human Resources Technician provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department by assisting other staff in carrying out operational responsibilities and providing a high level of customer service to internal and external customers. This position will assist with Collegewide recruitment process, onboarding of new employees, payroll processing and assist in the administration of all benefits programs offered by the College.
- Model core abilities that reflect WITC's mission, vision, values and Learning College tenets by:
- Assessing own learning and progressing toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communicating effectively in personal and group settings.
- Contributing to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Effecting change and demonstrating flexibility and positive leadership.
- Acquiring and applying technology to working and learning.
- Human Resources Department Support - Support the operations and responsibilities of the HR Department including a high level of customer service and personable employee relations.
- New Hire Processing - Direct the flow of new hire processes for HR. Receive paperwork, prioritize timing with HR processes, and communicate with hiring supervisors and Administrative Specialists to gain accurate and complete paperwork.
- PeopleSoft data entry
- Scan, link and route paperwork using ImageNow.
- Recruitment - work with the recruitment process to provide support to the Collegewide function, assist applicants with questions, and aid applicants in the process.
- Payroll Processing - complete routine payroll processes.
- Benefits - assist employees with benefit related questions and leave. Process mailing of COBRA, and FMLA paperwork.
- Employment Verification Processing - Receive phone call and paper requests for employment verification.
- Assist in the creation, duplication and tracking of employee contracts, employment letters, non-renewal notices.
- Process Collegewide Retirements/Resignations
- Collegewide Staff requests - Answer procedural questions and/or research solutions to questions
- Post announcements to the Human Resources page on The Connection
- Metrics - maintain data on department activities for fiscal year reports.
- Provide backup to the front desk and conference center functions - assist with the front desk in answering phones and conference room set-up and take down. Process ordering requests. Schedule meetings using R25 software. Shop for groceries and supplies as needed.
- Research - Perform research for departmental projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.
- Two years related post-secondary education in a related field and 4 years related work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the areas of Business or Human Resources.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet software, PowerPoints, etc.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Essential to have college-level math and communication skills.
- Associate Degree in a related field
- Previous Payroll and Benefits experience.
- Knowledge of HR processes and systems (PeopleSoft, ImageNow, Taleo)
Support and Technical Personnel - Level I
Wage Range Table - FY20
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=208
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency