- Housing, Foods and Ancillary Services Manager 3
- Go to our website »
Housing, Foods and Ancillary Services Manager 3
The Housing, Foods, and Ancillary Services Manager at Penn State Greater Allegheny operates, manages, and administers housing and food service operations for this campus; supervises assigned employees that provide exceptional customer service through dining and residence hall services; oversees safe preparation of products and provides a safe and secure environment for employees, students, and customers; maintains inventories and facilities. Duties include:
- Overall responsibility for Housing and Food Service at Greater Allegheny Housing and Food Services and the implementation of the strategic plan. This operation includes residential facilities as well as a food court, coffee shop, and catering operations
- Hire, train, coach, supervise, schedule, evaluate, and discipline assigned employees
- Responsible for financial success through cost containment and business growth; forecast, plan, and oversee operational expenses; manage financial statement
- Ensure a quality customer service experience for students, staff, and external customers by interacting with employees, guests, visitors, and vendors and solving problems
- Ensure overall quality of products and services through research of new trends, development of new concepts, product mix, and the standardization of products and services offered
- Participate on and possibly lead departmental, University, and national committees; serve as a member of the Chancellor's Administrative Team
- Ensure all safety and sanitation procedures are followed and that a safe working environment prevails at all times
- Execute environmental stewardship in all operational areas
- Evaluate and plan for maintenance of equipment and facilities, recommend purchases of new equipment, and may participate in renovations, construction projects, and facility upgrades
- Develop and implement marketing plans to promote HFS initiatives
- Supervise room assignment and common space allocations
Typically requires 5 plus years of related experience, a Bachelor's degree or higher in hospitality, nutrition, or business-related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Cover letter and resume are required.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Greater-Allegheny/Housing--Foods-and-Ancillary-Services-Manager-3_REQ_0000040654-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency