Santa Rosa Junior College
FACULTY (ADJUNCT) - COMPUTER STUDIES
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 09/08/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: SRJC Multi-Site, Sonoma County, California
Department: Computer Studies
ADJUNCT POOL DESCRIPTION:
- Computer Science & Programming*
- Graphic Design
- Graphics & Multimedia*
- Information Technology (IT)*
- Office Applications*
- Web Development*
The Computer Studies Department of Santa Rosa Junior College is accepting applications for a pool of qualified candidates with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty and administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students.
Examples of Duties:
Adjunct faculty are responsible for maintaining currency in their field(s) of expertise. Adjunct faculty focus primarily on providing instruction and/or student services. They may be required to participate in student learning outcomes assessment. Adjunct faculty are typically not required to participate in District or Department Service such as committee work, evaluations, and hiring committees, but may be asked to perform these services for additional compensation.
Required for CS 10 (Introduction to Programming), CS 11 (Data Structures and Algorithms), and CS 12 (Assembly Language Programming):
Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; OR a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering AND a Master's Degree in Mathematics, Cybernetics, Business Administration, Accounting or Engineering; OR a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering AND a Master's Degree in Cybernetics, Engineering Mathematics or Business Administration; OR a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics AND a Master's Degree in Cybernetics, Engineering, Mathematics or Business Administration; OR Bachelor's Degree in any of the Masters areas above AND a Master's Degree in Information Science, Computer Information Systems or Information Systems; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Computer Science or in Computers and Related Technologies.
Required for all other courses: Bachelor's degree AND two years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) related experience; OR an Associate's degree AND six years full-time of (or part-time equivalent) related experience; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Computers and Related Technologies.
Additional requirement for Adobe classes: In addition to the requirements listed above, instructors of courses that are part of this program must have passed the Adobe Certified Expert exam (ACE) for the application being used in the course.
Additional requirement for Cisco classes: In addition to the requirements listed above, because Santa Rosa Junior College is a Cisco Regional Networking Academy, all courses that use the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum must be taught by instructors who have passed the corresponding instructor level training course through a Cisco Academy Training Center (CATC) or regional academy, as well as an Academy Orientation course.
Preferred for all areas: Experience teaching at the college level.
Required for all areas: Sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
If you do not possess the minimum qualifications, exactly as listed above, you must file for equivalency. If claiming equivalency, applicants are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at the time of application.
- A completed Santa Rosa Junior College Employment Application and responses to Agency-wide Questions. Please provide contact information (phone number and email address) for three professional references.
- If applicable, complete Equivalency Form and supporting documents-Faculty/Adjunct Faculty Equivalency Application. Information on the SRJC Faculty Equivalency Procedures can be found at Board Policy 4.3.2bP.
- A brief cover letter explaining your interest in the pool, including how you meet the requirements and are qualified to perform the duties as listed in the "Examples of Duties" section of this job announcement. Please specify the top three disciplines that you are qualified to teach in.
- Current Resume.
- Please provide contact information (phone number and email address) for three professional references.
- Transcripts of all college level course work, including confirmation of degrees (unofficial copies acceptable (both sides), but official transcripts must be submitted prior to hiring). If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicants must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application. Contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
- If applicable, copy of California Community College Credential (both sides).
- Responses to Computer Studies Department Supplemental Questions.
- For Adobe Software courses: If applicable, proof of Adobe Certification.
- For Cisco networking courses: If applicable, proof of CATC or regional academy training course.
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting Hourly Rate: Please see our hourly salary schedules online at https://hr.santarosa.edu/salary-schedules or contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
- For Unit A (AFA) Faculty, salary placement may be based on academic background, vocational experience, and teaching experience depending on discipline and as documented in application materials. Initial Step placement will be at Step 1 pending evaluation of experience as outlined in Article 27 of the AFA Contract (http://www.santarosa.edu/afa/contract.shtml).
- Sick Leave Accrual: Adjunct faculty members accrue sick leave on a pro-rated basis.
Following the priority filing deadline, applications which are complete for screening will be reviewed by a screening committee. Approximately 2-3 weeks later, Human Resources will notify you whether or not you have been selected for interview. Those applicants most suitably qualified for the position/pool will be invited to interview with a Screening Committee. The Screening Committee may include representatives from the Faculty, the Administration, the Classified Staff, the Associated Students, and the Board of Trustees.
If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact the Human Resources Department.
MORE ABOUT SRJC HUMAN RESOURCES
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 1988 Armory Drive
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PHONE: (707) 527-4954
FAX: (707) 527-4967
The office is located in the Button Building on the Santa Rosa campus. All documents included in your online employment application become the property of the District. Your employment application for this opening will not automatically be considered for future openings. New employment application(s) must be submitted for each opening.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (Prior to beginning employment):
- In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Must be fingerprinted and have background clearance (at applicant's expense);
- If your assignment will be working with incarcerated students, additional clearances/training will be required, including a: security clearance and attending a jail safety meeting. The security clearance and jail safety meeting training will be coordinated by the Adult Education Department.
- Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).
Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Jeanne Clery Disclosure)
Sonoma County Junior College District's annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Sonoma County Junior College District; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can read or obtain a full copy of this report by going to https://police.santarosa.edu/. Paper copies of the full report are available upon request by contacting Police Department Records at (707) 527-4963 or by coming to the Sonoma County Junior College District Police Department located at 2032 Armory Drive, Pedroncelli Center, Santa Rosa Campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SRJC attracts and retains the most qualified faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. This is achieved through an inclusive recruitment strategy and a rigorous, thorough hiring process that begins with the fair and consistent evaluation of each application for minimum qualifications and demonstrated skills specific to each position/assignment. Because the ability to serve students from broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds and genders is a key commitment of the District mission, SRJC actively encourages applications from candidates who recognize the value that diversity brings to a professional educational community.
The Sonoma County Junior College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnic group identification, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic condition, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its policies, procedures or practices; nor does the District discriminate against any employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their age. This non-discrimination policy covers admission, access and treatment in District programs and activities--including but not limited to academic admissions, financial aid, educational services and athletics--and application for District employment.
The Sonoma County Junior College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/santarosajc
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency