DIGITAL DESIGN, WEB & MARKETING COORDINATOR
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: San Jose City College
The Digital Design, Web & Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations at San Jose College. The work schedule is 12 months per year; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Digital Design, Web & Marketing Coordinator is a grant funded position and contingent upon yearly funding.
This position is represented by CSEA (California School Employees Association), Chapter 363.
Under the direction of assigned administrator, the Digital Design, Web & Marketing Coordinator manages the college website and creates the college's design and visual identity standards by implementing a consistent visual brand image and presence for all college web, digital, and social media. The position assists the supervisor in marketing and public relations programs to highlight the College's strengths to position it competitively within budget constraints, and to help generate enrollment through marketing activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in creating design and executing high-quality promotional materials and comprehensive web pages. Support multimedia projects, integrate elements of text, image, animation, video, and audio; develop concepts and templates for marketing and promotional projects.
2. Assist in planning and coordinating the design of the College's website; coordinate the work of independent contractors; maintain the official college blog, digital content, email marketing, advertising, social media, marketing materials, print design and production for the College and special initiatives.
3. Update website content as needed. Approve web updates submitted by content owners, maintain and troubleshoot web pages in collaboration with campus content owners. Manage the events calendar, and employee directory etc.
4. Use a variety of multimedia software for the development of page layout, text editing, digital image manipulations, 3-D, and 2-D illustrations to generate high-quality materials.
5. Coordinate the scanning and inventory of images for use in college publications and web pages.
6. Provide expertise and recommendations for the design of college publications and official college documents.
7. Provide support and service to users for the web and related applications. Guide staff in basic web page editing.
8. May oversee student workers and collaborate with other independent contractors in the development and maintenance of various marketing projects.
9. Maintain current knowledge of emerging technologies and trends on computer graphic design and publishing, and web technologies.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Principles of, and techniques used for design and maintenance of web sites that provides information and transactions.
2. Web programming knowledge and skills that include Adobe Photoshop, HTML, CSS etc. to enable text and graphics editing.
3. Digital photography, video production, content development, and related software.
4. ADA requirements and industry standards for publishing accessible websites and online tools.
5. Copy editing, proper American English language composition, usage, grammar, syntax, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation.
6. Graphic design software programs including professional page layout, text editing, digital image manipulation, 3-D, and 2-D illustrations.
7. Modern office operations including office methods, practices, and procedures.
8. Proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies.
9. Principles of training and providing work direction.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Discuss technical information with users, discern their needs and develop programs, systems, screens, etc., which meet those needs.
2. Read, understand and apply information from technical manuals.
3. Communicate technical and complex information to non-technical' users.
4. Provide training to on-line users in use and maintenance of web pages.
5. Work with users to design and implement database tables, elements, standards and create supporting documentation.
6. Establish and maintain project and production schedules and balanced responsibilities.
7. Communicate clearly and effectively to diverse audiences of technical and non-technical personnel, both orally and in writing
8. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Associates Degree in visual arts, design, marketing, computer science or related field.
2. Three years of experience in professional graphic design or related fields, including motion graphics, website management, digital photography, and video production.
1. Experience serving in a lead role within a design or creative team.
2. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$85,230 - $104,060 Annual Salary (Range 112: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2022-2023). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 19 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency