College Health Nurse (part-time/864 hours/year) WITC Ashland Campus
The College Health Nurse provides and/or coordinates a variety of essential health/safety/wellness services to both students and staff under the daily supervision of the campus Dean of Students with central coordination provided by the Dean of Students at our Ashland campus.
College health nursing is directed toward enhancing the educational process by modifying or removing health-related barriers to learning, promoting optimal wellness, enabling individuals to make informed decisions about health-related concerns, and empowering students and staff to be self-directed and well-informed consumers of health care services.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect WITC's Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Provide a diverse and comprehensive program of wellness/health/safety education for students and staff.
- Develop and implement programs related to health and wellness working with students or student organizations whenever possible.
- Assist with the integration of wellness issues and preventative education in collaboration with other district departments.
- Manage the operations of campus health services.
- Prepare/implement annual plan of activities.
- Maintain health records that are confidential/secure and provide appropriate documentation.
- Coordinate activities for health service intern(s)/work study, and/or service learning students.
- Assist with New Student Orientation, as needed.
- Oversee campus health service and wellness budget.
- Participate in the development and implementation of health and health service related policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource to the administration on environmental health and safety issues.
- Coordinate and provide physical/health services for students and staff.
- Provide assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation of health problems.
- Provide client education related to prevention, wellness, disease or treatment.
- Designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) to receive and report criminal incidents to the WITC Safety Office by virtue of this role's responsibilities at the College (only applies to instructor positions with club advising duties).
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Two years related work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while maintaining accountability and motivation in self and others
- Strong customer service skills that focus on diversity, community, and continuous quality improvement
- Problem-solving skills that employ critical thinking
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to effectively apply technology to tasks and projects
- Experience leading projects through time management and effective delegation
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Wisconsin
- CPR certification
- Clinical, assessment, counseling, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in occupational health, public health, or prevention/health education
- Ability to obtain driver's license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
FY21 Salary Non-Instructional Faculty Wage
$28.50 / hour
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=315
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency