BUSINESS SERVICES SUPERVISOR
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: Evergreen Valley College
The Business Services Supervisor reports to the Director of College Fiscal Services at Evergreen Valley College. This is a full time, 12 months per year, classified supervisor position.
Reporting to assigned administrator, the Business Services Supervisor oversees the daily operations of the business office and financial administration.
NATURE and SCOPE
The Supervisor of Business Services is responsible for efficient and effective financial management of a campus or equivalent business unit and communications with the District office. Advancement to this position would be through promotion based on compliance with the stated qualifications and a demonstrated ability to develop and implement accounting controls, prepare financial performance statements, conduct financial analysis, and supervise staff engaged in a variety of business transactions. Ensure accurate and timely production of general ledger, accounting and budget reports, prompt payment of invoices and issuance of statements for accounts receivable. Provide assistance to District personnel in implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and requirements. Facilitates development of and administers the approved operating budget for organization unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Facilitates data gathering and preparation of annual operating budget proposals for the campus or business unit. Distributes worksheets and receives information from administrators, faculty, and staff on personnel, programs, equipment and supply needs, projects, etc., then organizes information in accounts for further review.
2. Provides training and technical expertise to administrators, faculty, and staff for budget development and assists in resolving issues and conflicts on expenditures and budget.
3. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and participate in selecting employees; train, counsel, discipline and terminate personnel according to established policies and procedures.
4. Sets up procedures for monitoring approved budgets, including special funds and grants.
5. Prepares budget transfers or journal vouchers for corrections and/or adjustments to the budget. Reviews expense requisitions for compliance, analyzes variances and resolves variances with Department Heads.
6. Conducts special financial research or analytical studies to assist administrators in the formulation new policies and planning of new or revised programs.
7. Monitors the financial performance of special projects, funds, and grants, preparing mandated compliance reports as required.
8. Receives, reviews, and approves purchase requisitions for appropriateness and budgetary compliance. Verifies completeness of information, then forwards requests to a centralized purchasing office for action.
9. Receives, reviews, and approves requests for checks, warrants, claims, and reimbursement for expenses.
10. Oversees and prepares financial performance statements for the operating budget of the assigned campus/operating unit. Coordinates financial information flow with the District office and participates with preparation of general ledger and other summary documents.
11. Accounts for fixed assets of the campus/operating unit.
12. Supervises and coordinates facility use requests by outside agencies and internal departments.
13. Oversees and prepares periodic financial statements for fund/student accounts, grants, and other special programs. Reviews transactions, approves advances and loans for books and supplies, reconciles special accounts, and disburses checks to financial aid recipients or others.
14. Acts as campus internal auditor to audit financial data and documents to assure accuracy, completeness and compliance with district policies and procedures and applicable government regulations. Develops and maintains document trails to support internal and external audits.
15. Receives and verifies payroll and related information, forwarding on to a centralized payroll function for processing. Verifies budget line item codes, overtime, and payroll allocations such as paid time off.
16. May perform certain financial aid duties such as develop payment plans for students accessing eligible student body funds, bill and receive funds for course attendees,
17. Conducts various financial studies to support budget, project, and grant proposals.
18. May perform certain property management functions such as leasing, use scheduling, fees, and billing to outside users. Receives and/or initiates requests for facilities maintenance.
19. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Structure and format of relational databases used for financial, administrative, and student information.
2. Accounting and audition principles and practices.
3. Theory and practices of cost accounting and governmental accounting.
4. Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
5. Modern and complex principles and practices of financial recording keeping and reporting.
6. Analysis and research methods and techniques, as related to finance and accounting.
7. Data processing applications.
8. Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
9. Interpreting and explaining District policies and procedures.
10. Preparing and interpreting complex fiscal records and reports.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Operate assigned equipment.
2. Using software for computer based accounting, budge and data systems.
3. Preparing clear and concise reports.
4. Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
5. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
6. Motivational and mediation skills preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Equivalent to Bachelors degree from an accredited institution with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field.
2. Five years of increasingly responsible accounting and budgeting experience, preferably in a public agency.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$108,101 - $138,580 Annual Salary (Range S130: Supervisor 2023-2024 Salary Schedule). Starting salary placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Supervisor positions also include 22 vacation days, 20 holidays, 12 sick leave days and 6 administrative leave days per year.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency