Associate Dean (full-time/1950 hrs/year) WITC Superior Campus
The Associate Dean is an academic position that works collaboratively with all areas of the college to facilitate student success and is actively engaged in the community to advance WITC's mission. The Associate Dean supports the Dean to ensure selected operational matters and related faculty development are achieved. This position may be assigned coordination of district-wide Academic Affairs activities or projects, and may be assigned other duties as needed. The Associate Dean is engaged in the community to facilitate partnerships with local businesses and industries. The Associate Dean supervises faculty assigned to the designated campus or program. The Associate Dean reports directly to the Dean associated with their campus or program.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect WITC's Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Assist in resolving student issues.
- Facilitate TSA & Program Review as assigned.
- Facilitate student evaluation of instruction every semester.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, and onboard faculty.
- Monitor faculty participation in required professional development.
- Manage grant and special projects as needed.
- Implement strategic plans.
- Participate in Advisory Committees.
- Assist with procurement and major equipment planning, if applicable.
- Participate in budget planning and implementation.
- Manage and coach Academic Affairs faculty.
- Collaborate with the Dean to develop internal relationships within WITC including, but not limited to, Continuing Education, General Studies, Marketing, Scheduling, and other departments and divisions in the district.
- Participate in campus, regional, Collegewide, and state teams and committees as assigned.
- Collaborate with other Associate Deans across the district.
- Coordinate scheduling as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.
- Master's degree in related field
- Two years (four semesters) full-time post-secondary teaching, eight semesters part-time post-secondary teaching, or four years secondary education teaching combined with part-time post-secondary teaching experience
- Two years supervisory/leadership experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while maintaining accountability and motivation in self and others
- Strong customer service skills that focus on diversity, community, and continuous quality improvement
- Problem-solving skills that employ critical thinking
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to effectively apply technology to tasks and projects
- Experience leading projects through time management and effective delegation
- Ability to obtain driver's license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
- Program management
FY21 Salary Placement - Grade 10 Manager - $78,986 / year
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=336
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency