SAN JOSE/EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
African American Studies Instructor (Part-Time/Adjunct)
The San José-Evergreen Community College District is seeking a part-time/adjunct instructor to teach African American Studies at San Jose City College for the Spring 22 semester. Our ideal candidate will have expertise in African American History and African American Culture, views education as a practice of freedom, demonstrates student-centered philosophies consistent with decolonial pedagogies, and uses effective teaching strategies that meet students diverse learning needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach African American Culture and African American History on campus.
2. Adapt methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
3. Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
4. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic, and socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
5. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development and review, student learning outcomes and assessment, program review, committees, research, and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
6. Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings and keep posted office hours.
7. Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g., grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
8. Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
9. Foster a professional work and learning environment.
10. Perform other duties as required by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Master's degree in African American/Black/Africana Studies, African American History, or Ethnic Studies
Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Assignments may include day and evening responsibilities. This position is represented by the San José-Evergreen Community College District Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
Please apply using the Direct Link below
Direct Link: http://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1749
Position #F19014, Open and Continuous
Other part-time instructors are needed to teach classes in other disciplines on an as needed basis.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency