Accounting Associate (Part-time) Instructor Pool 2017 - 2018
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Discipline or Department: Accounting
Position Type: Associate (part-time) Faculty
Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary: Please select Salary Schedules to the left on the navigation bar.
Working Hours: Instructors may be assigned to any campus or district facility. Assignments may include days, evenings, or weekends. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following:
1. A completed application for academic employment
2. A cover letter discussing methods, theories, or technologies especially relevant to your teaching style and describing any qualifications not evident in your resume or curriculum vita.
3. A resume/CV summarizing your educational background and experience.
4. Transcripts of ALL college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated above (legible unofficial transcripts are acceptable). The transcripts you are attaching to provide evidence that you meet the minimum qualifications must state the degree title, major, and date awarded. If your degree major EXACTLY matches the degree majors listed, you do not need to request equivalency. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts; Confer Date: 12/12/12; Major: Accountancy". Minimum qualifications listed: Master's in Accountancy. If your degree major DOES NOT EXACTLY match the degree majors listed, you must request equivalency. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts: Confer Date: 5/9/12; Major: International Business". This exact degree title is not listed, so does not directly meet minimum qualifications. Applicants applying under the "equivalent" provision must attach an equivalency statement and supporting documentation; guidelines may be found at the following link: www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency_008.pdf
5. If you have a valid California CPA license and it is required to meet the minimum qualifications, attach it to the "Other Document" link.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources office at 760.795.6854.
Basic Function and Other Details:
The college is accepting applications to build a pool of instructors for possible future part-time assignments at all locations. The department chairperson or designee will review applications as vacancies become available.
Adherence to District policies and procedures is expected.
Type of Benefits:
2. If your degree major EXACTLY matches the degree majors listed below, you do not need to request equivalency. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts; Confer Date: 12/12/12; Major: Accountancy". Minimum qualifications listed below: Master's in Accountancy.
3. If your degree major DOES NOT EXACTLY match the degree majors listed below, you must REQUEST EQUIVALENCY. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts: Confer Date: 5/9/12; Major: International Business". This exact degree title is not listed below, so does not directly meet minimum qualifications.
Master's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration;
OR Bachelor's degree in business with accounting emphasis, or business administration with accounting emphasis, or economics with accounting emphasis AND Master's degree in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance;
OR a Bachelor's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license valid in California;
OR a valid appropriate California Community College Credential in the discipline area
OR the equivalent*
AND have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
*Applicants applying under the "equivalent" provision must attach an equivalency statement and supporting documentation. Guidelines may be found at the following link: www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency_008.pdf
Degrees and applicable college coursework must be from an accredited institution (a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Dept of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation).
If your degree/coursework is from a college or university anywhere outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. A partial list of agencies can be found at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
Successful teaching experience at the community college level. Ability to engage and inspire students representing a wide variety of ages, demographic groups, and educational abilities. Demonstrated success in teaching students from historically underrepresented groups, under prepared or nontraditional students, speakers of other languages, and students with learning disabilities. Successful experience with different learning technologies. Strong academic preparation in area of instruction. Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written discourse. Commitment to the community college objective of providing lower-division instruction for students of diverse abilities, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Closing Date: 6-30-2018
First Screening Date:
Human Resources Contact Information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 112 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, and parts of Carmel Valley.
MiraCosta offers associate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities that strengthen the economic, cultural, social, and educational well-being of the communities it serves.
The district consists of three campus sites and a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving about 12,000 credit students, has been located since 1964 on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, on 48 acres below the bluffs overlooking the San Elijo Lagoon Reserve. The San Elijo Campus opened in September 1988, and now attracts about 3,000 credit students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 4,000 students in the college's noncredit classes including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes as well as some college credit classes.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency