Academy Director (full-time) WITC Rice Lake Campus
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time management position, Academy Director at the WITC Rice Lake Campus.
The Academy Director provides direct oversight of the Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Academy and Corrections Academy. The Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Academy and Corrections Academy provides students with the skills to handle complex situations encountered as a criminal justice official at municipal, county or state government levels. The Academy Director is also responsible for partnerships with external constituent groups to ensure the community needs are met. This position reports to the Dean, Public Safety.
- Model core abilities that reflect WITC's mission, vision, values and Learning College tenets by:
- Assessing own learning and progressing toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communicating effectively in personal and group settings.
- Contributing to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Effecting change and demonstrating flexibility and positive leadership.
- Acquiring and applying technology to working and learning.
- Document, promote, implement, assess, monitor, and continually improve programming and learning processes.
- Facilitate completion of student program outcomes and assessment.
- Mediate student and faculty issues.
- Collaborate with Dean, Public Safety to provide facilities, equipment, and staff for Law Enforcement offerings.
- Instruct program classes/courses as needed.
- Hire, orient, coach, and assess instructional staff and adjunct faculty. Evaluate performance and recommend professional development activities.
- Manage organizational unit.
- Provide direction and actively mentor assigned faculty in the use of effective teaching methodologies.
- Manage payroll process for adjunct faculty and independent contractors who provide training in continuing education courses.
- Assist with and provide input into the College planning processes.
- Communicate, disseminate and ensure compliance with College related to policies/procedures, state and federal laws, and the Wisconsin Department of Justice Training and Standards Bureau requirements.
- Assist in developing and monitoring budget, grants/projects and other resources.
- Schedule, assist in marketing and facilitate a full schedule of specialty classes.
- Plan, organize and follow-up support for classes.Schedule classroom, equipment and materials.
- Ensure maintenance and inventory of equipment, facilities and materials used in program area.
- Evaluate training and contract services to ensure client needs are met.
- Utilize advisory committees according to state/district guidelines.
- Actively participate in campus, Collegewide, and state teams and committees.
- Collaborate with area Law Enforcement agencies in order to meet their needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or related area.
- Occupational experience as a certified law enforcement officer or administrator.
- Certified as an instructor by the Law Enforcement Standards Bureau of Wisconsin or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Teaching/Training experience.
- Supervisory experience in law enforcement with demonstrated leadership and experience in budget management.
FY20 Wage Range Table
Grade 8 Management = $62,717/year
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=211
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency