Academic Coach (part-time/608 hours/year) WITC New Richmond Campus
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for the part-time (608 hours/year) management position of Academic Coach at the WITC New Richmond Campus.
The Academic Coach will help prospective and incumbent students define their career aspirations and assess their skills and abilities. The Academic Coach will work with Student Services to serve as a liaison between enrolled students seeking, or referred for, assistance to find support available at the College and within the community. Support services may include academic tutoring, financial resources, accommodations, Student Success Center and other needs.
- Model core abilities that reflect WITC's mission, vision, values and Learning College tenets by:
- Assessing own learning and progressing toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communicating effectively in personal and group settings.
- Contributing to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Effecting change and demonstrating flexibility and positive leadership.
- Acquiring and applying technology to working and learning.
- Conduct one-on-one coaching meetings with any student seeking or referred for services.
- Assist the student to solve academic-related issues, including enhancement of study skills and college success strategies.
- Refer the student to community-based support services as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the College community, including employers and economic development teams.
- Track student progress and use College resources where appropriate.
- Consult with faculty teams and attend/observe class meetings to prepare learning support for the student in need.
- Facilitate individual and group learning sessions focused on enhancing understanding of content identified courses.
- Coach students on how to accurately assess their learning needs and learning styles.
- Be accountable to accurately maintain detailed records on student participation and learning outcomes.
- Compile and submit mandated reporting data.
- Serve as advocate for at-risk students as they move through critical course milestones.
- Refer student to other student support service areas across College based upon assessed need.
- Work effectively in a team-based, collaborative environment that includes independent resourcefulness and accountability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, or similar field OR associate degree combined with three years occupational experience in one of the areas indicated.
- Significant experience in mentoring, guidance and counseling, and/or transitioning or similar experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams to plan and coordinate activities and implement comprehensive programs.
- Understanding of diversity issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively through attentive listening and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with students to campus resources and services.
- Understanding of issues facing contemporary college students.
- Ability to solve complex problems and demonstrated resourcefulness.
- Understanding of higher education operations including admissions, student recruitment, and student success services is preferred.
- Successful experience in post-secondary setting or working with individuals to enter a post-secondary setting is preferred
FY20 Wage Range Table
Management, Grade 5
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JHQB64&cws=37&rid=169
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency