SAN JOSE/EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Dance Instructor (Part-Time/Adjunct)
San Jose City College is seeking Part-Time/Adjunct Faculty applications in Dance. Teaching assignments may include Hip-Hop Dance, Jazz, Tap, Modern, Ballet, Ballroom, Dance Appreciation, Choreography, and Improvisation. Applicants with expertise in cultural dance forms are also encouraged to apply. Additional assignments may include creating works for the faculty dance concert and/or directing student concerts. The ideal candidate will be an active team member in striving for a diverse and equitable dance program.
The assignment may include day, evening, and weekend responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Adapt methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
2. Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
3. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic, and socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
4. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development and review, student learning outcomes and assessment, program review, committees, research, and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
5. Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings and keep posted office hours.
6. Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g., grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
7. Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
8. Foster a professional work and learning environment.
9. Perform other duties as required by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master's in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with dance emphasis OR Bachelor's in any of the above AND Master's in physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts or music OR the equivalent
Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Assignments may include day and evening responsibilities. This position is represented by the San José-Evergreen Community College District Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
Please apply using the Direct Link below
Direct Link: http://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1749
Position #F19014, Open and Continuous
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency