CADD AND BIM INSTRUCTOR
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: Evergreen Valley College
This faculty position is a full-time, 100% FTE (10 Months) Tenure Track position as CADD and BIM Instructor in Division of Business and Workforce Development located at Evergreen Valley College.
Assignment may include day and evening responsibilities.
This position is represented by the San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Knowledge of industry standards for computer aid drawing design (CADD) and building information modeling (BIM).
2. Knowledge, experience, and understanding with CADD and BIM software systems (AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit Architecture, Creo, SolidWorks).
3. Understanding of general and advanced manufacturing industry practices for CADD and BIM.
4. Teach courses in assigned discipline by communicating subject matter clearly and effectively.
5. Adapt methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
6. Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
7. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic and socio economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
8. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development and review, student learning outcomes and assessment, program review, committees, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
9. Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings and keep posted office hours.
10. Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g. grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
11. Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
12. Foster a professional work and learning environment.
13. Perform other duties as required by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Any Bachelors degree or higher and two years of professional experience related to the discipline
Any Associates degree and six years of professional experience related to the discipline
1. Knowledge or experience with 3D building design.
2. One-two years of experience in advanced manufacturing in using CADD or BIM in the field.
3. Bilingual abilities.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$73,052 to $100,279 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2018-2019); Maximum Salary Potential $130,110. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Faculty also receive paid sick leave.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency